Monday, November 15, 2010

art every day 15: breakthrough




Untitled
acrylic on canvas
48" x 36"

After spending the day working on this painting I finally feel like what I have been wanting to happen happened.  I knew it needed to open up and I kept wishing I could crawl inside it somehow and work on it from the inside out.  Impossible, yes, but that was the sensation that kept arising.  So the question has been playing with me, if I can't blow it out from within then what?  I think I got as close to what I was going for, aside from a few touch ups,  that I will stop for now.  This is what it looked like a week ago and this is what it looked today when I started painting.  Because I know all along I wanted to push it in a more expressive direction I like to think of it as all the color and line underneath just exploded and rearranged in a new, more organic order.



No comments:

Post a Comment