Sunday, November 14, 2010

art every day 14


Playing catch up today.  This first photo is from the sunset I experienced Friday evening.  I didn't have my camera with me so I could not wait to get home to see if I could recapture it from memory.  It was changing before my eyes as I just sat and watched to make sure it was imprinted.  I was looking east toward a distant rise and the entire sky was filled with this suble color.  I was kind of glad I didn't have my camera because I also suspected if I had tried to take a photo my little point and shoot would probably not have captured the full range of soft colors.  I was so happy yesterday when someone chose it and another suble landscape painting to take home as a pair.   


This feather I painted yesterday while sitting at my table at a show I did in Sterling, MA.  It was an excellent day and I met a lot of really great people.  I did another smaller aceo sized painting of a feather that I put on the table on a mini easel.  It sold within minutes!  This larger one still needs a bit of work but wanted to post it anyway. Thanks to all who stopped by my table to look, talk and purchase!   




This is the painting I have been wrestling with for almost two weeks now.  I keep seeing it opening up in my mind but every time I work on it it seems to get tighter.   I worked on it for about 4 hours on Friday and could not get myself to open it up the way I had in mind so I just went with it.  I'm sort of expecting it will just happen when the time is right.  So until then I'll just keep staring at it and wondering. 

  
I am so excited about joining my first Etsy team, Finding Fine Art.  I have been an admirer of founder Jessica Torrant's work since I came upon her work on Etsy.  She created the team, a blog to go with it and it is taking off!  Sara John Afana is a her west coast affiliate and they are doing a great job.   I was so thrilled last week to be chosen for two of the treasuries on Friday.  A big piece of the Finding Fine Art movement is Fine Art Friday, which encourages members on Etsy to put together treasuries of fine art, thus giving so more exposure to so many talented fine artists.  I love this!!  Finally. It was noticeable to me right away when I joined Etsy in 2008 how little attention fine art got in the treasuries compared to the other categories.  So thank you to Jessica and Sara for taking it on!

And thank you to Michelle Pryor for featuring one of my favorite paintings in her "The Fine Art of Flying" treasury she put together for Fine Art Friday.  (I still have not figured out how to post the treasury images but I will! )  You can view Michelle's work here.

 now I'm off to enjoy what is left this beautiful day

No comments:

Post a Comment